If you are struggling with one or more of the following questions, you may benefit from completing a career assessment and reviewing it with UMKC Career Services' staff.
- I want help identifying my strengths and “blindspots” that relate to my area of study, my academic success, and the career decision-making process.
- I want to learn more about how I work best with others and develop work relationships.
- I am interested in learning about the types of academic and work environments I would be most successful.
What career assessments does UMKC Career Services provide?
Career Services offers a variety of career assessments to help you explore your interests, skills, values and personality traits. By talking with a counselor on the Career Services staff, you can determine what assessment will best suit your needs.
- StrengthsQuest- Learn about your talent areas, how to develop them, and use them in application materials and interviews
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator- Learn about your unique personality, how to make decisions, and what type of environment you are happiest in
- Strong Interest Inventory- Learn about how your interests compare to people who are doing a job they love
How much does a career assessment cost?
Current UMKC students may take the assessments for a fee ranging in price from $12.50 to $20. The assessments are also available for alumni at the same cost; please request an appointment using Roo Career Network or contact us for more information.
If I want to take a career assessment, who do I contact?
Schedule an appointment using Roo Career Network. You will meet with a career counselor to identify the assessment that will best meet your needs. After that is determined, Career Services will provide you with directions to complete the assessment and will schedule a time that is convenient for you to discuss the results.